Thursday 6 February 2014

A Touch of Tartan


I am absolutely loving the Tartan craze this winter! I think just a touch of tartan works really well with an outfit like this. I wanted the scarf to be the main piece of this outfit, so worked my other garments around it. I like to dress in black and dark clothing a lot of the time, and I think this particular tartan piece is perfect for my sense of style as it's quite subtle and toned down. This jacket was a perfect fit to the outfit, as it shapes perfectly around the bodycon. I love the faux leather sleeves on the jacket as I've always been crazy over leather!


  

I love wearing gold jewellery a lot of the time, and I particularly like building different necklaces on top of each other. I think having a set of necklaces which gradually get longer are ideal for this type of an outfit - rather than having a chunky choker-type piece. I think that having these particular accessories work well with the scarf as they compliment the scarf on it's own by being slightly hidden behind.

 Having black accesories with this outfit, again, compliments the scarf, making it the base of the outfit. I love a good old bowler hat as you can wear it with any hair type and it's a brilliant way of covering up a bad hair day! A think wearing this style of hat makes the outfit a bit more quirky and casual. If I was to do a more dressed up look I would have worn a black fedora hat. Having a black clutch bag keeps it minimal but still links in to the outfit. I love the small gold detailing on this bag and I luuuurve the tassels. I find this bag so practical due to the fold over. I am always happy to take this bag out as it's a safe way of holding my belongings.

I apologize for the state of these wedges! You can tell I wear them quite regularly! I bought these shoes about a month ago or so from Bershka and I am absolutely in love them! I love the detailing of the trio strap as it's very subtle and I feel would work well with gold or silver accessories. As the heels isn't that high I find these shoes really comfortable to walk in and the zip on the inner side of the shoe makes them easy to put on.

Tartan Scarf: Zara, £19.99. Jacket: Miss Selfridge, £20 (sale). Bodycon Dress: Boohoo, £10
Shoes: Bershka, £40, Bowler: Topshop, £20, Clutch: H&M, £12.99, Necklaces: Topshop, Miss Selfridge,H&M.

I really hope you like this post!
What's your favourite trend this season?

6 comments:

  1. Love all your jewellery and clutch bag!

    http://franleanne.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog and I’ve nominated you for the Liebster Award on Bloglovin! Check out my blog for details. http://laurazampou.wordpress.com/2014/02/07/the-liebster-award/ xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I have the same scarf!
    I'm your new follower on Bloglovin! Hope you'll follow me back! ♥

    xx
    Nathalie

    http://www.nathalie-kemna.nl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice outfit. The scarf is really pretty and I also like the way you've layered up the necklaces :)
    Do you want to follow each other on Bloglovin?

    Lu.
    www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your scarf! That hat is also cute - it would look stupid on me, but it looks nice on you (:

    www.simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete