Tuesday 4 February 2014

DIY Make Up Brush Organizer

I made this make-up brush organizer using things I had found around the house. It's a really simple and efficient way of organizing your make up brushes or other bits that you need for somewhere to go!























I had found an old vase which I thought had a really unique shape to it and I didn't want it to go to waste. Originally I just put my brushes in the vase on its own, without adding of the base to it, but I thought it looked really boring and ugly in my room. Because the colours in my room are pink, black and white, I wanted the organizer to link to my room. 



I gathered loads of little bits from around my room. The majority of the decorations are stones that had previously come off a bracelet or necklace which I didn't want to throw away as I figured they could have a purpose - thank god I kept them! I also found some odd earrings that I either don't wear anymore or had broken. I added lots of pearls as I'm not a fan of them on jewelry but look really cute! 
























The make up brushes in the organizer are the Real Techniques Buffing Brush, Contour Brush, Expert Face Brush, Detail Brush, Pointed Foundation Brush and the Shading Brush. I also have two angle brushes from Revlon another from GOSH and another from Sleek. These are the brushes that I use pretty much everyday and keep them in this organizer so they are easily accessible.

I hope this may give some inspiration if you're tired of having to shove your brushes in your make up bag or in a draw!


4 comments:

  1. Babe! I adore your blog soo much!! SO cute! I've just started following you on Bloglovin'.. Would love it and appreciate it if you could follow back! <3

    Love,

    Noor
    http://queenofjetlags.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I've checked yours out too and yours is fab!!! Thank you xxx

      Delete
  2. this is such a cute idea! My makeup brushes are just floating about in a drawer haha definitely going to do this X

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fabulous and creative idea doll! :) Thanks for sharing, I really love this idea :)x

    The Belle Narrative - Enter my fabulous MAC Makeup Giveaway

    ReplyDelete